About Invisible Illness Week Seminars
(1) We have 20 speakers, the times will be 9 a.m. noon, 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. pacific time USA, we’ll give you a link to a time converter. Awesome guest line up!
(2) Due to the overwhelming response of all of you coming (and we still have a week’s worth of press releases to go out…) we are going to move our seminars over to Blog Talk Radio. I know some of you are going to say, “Oh, bummer! I wanted to be able to call and just listen and not mess with the computer!”
I understand. I tried every way to make it work, but here is what using Blog Talk Radio will mean for you:
- Speakers will still call in on the phone just like we’d planned. You’ll still hear them live!
- Listeners will log on to an area of our web site to listen. So make sure your speakers are working. If not, this weekend may be a good time to get your local teenager over to your house and test them out.
- Listeners will feel like they are listening to a seminar and then at the end people can call in and ask their question “on the air” or they can send it via an email text.
- It’s free – for everyone! No costs are involved.Here’s the gist: The one company I thought we would use provided some wrong information about “access lines.” So… the only option was for us to purchase calling cards for $5 or and then send these out to people who could not afford long-distance. We didn’t want money to ever cause someone to not be able to attend. Plus, our international friends would have had to figure out their expenses or buy calling cards for decent rates. Honestly, this was just going to get to be messy. And we would have been charged by the minute, per person, per seminar, so… over 1 million minutes which would have put us into the $7,000 range.
ACK! Can you imagine? We could have flown ya’ll out to San Diego for a real conference!
- We can reach more people!
With 20 “programs” we can flood Blog Talk Radio with some excellent seminars and let more people know they are not alone in living with invisible illnesses. The telephone seminars filled up at 97 people. After that it would have cost $99 per SEMINAR to raise that number. With the publicity we are getting, we want to make sure as many people who come have it accessible.
- It will be really easy to listen later, everything will be archived automatically.
So! Join me in getting excited about the possibilities! I know it will be an amazing week. Speaker topics and their bios will be announced this weekend. I am announcing the first round of prize recipients! So good luck!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 3 so far )