Archive for August 4th, 2008
We are using Bloggers Unite to help us keep track of who is blogging with us for Invisible Illness Week. You are not required to use this service, but it is helpful for us!
Regardless, here are the instructions:
Get the Badge
- Right click on the badge to download
- Link it back to this web site at this link:
- Then write your blog posting.
- Come back to this web site and in the comments section, tell us about it! Share your title, topic/description and link.
When to blog
- You can blog at any time as we want people to know about this week during any time of the year. However, here are some tips.
- Please post a blog on SEPTEMBER 14, 2009. We hope to have hundreds of blogs participate on this day!
- Each day September 1 through Sept 20th we will be choosing a blog to feature on the Invisible Illness Week Blog. You will get loads of exposure, and we hope to also inform, educate, and encourage others.
A few ideas to write about
- Remember that not all of your posts have to have the “it’s so not fair” tone. Write your “best advice” to others who feel invalidated. How have you learned to get past the remarks people have made?
- Don’t forget families and what they also cope with when one of their members has an illness. And how is it being invisible easier/more difficult for them? For example, if Dad’s illness is invisible, does your son have to cope with his friends wondering why his Dad never participates in the father/son baseball game?
- Remember caregivers. Any thanks, thoughts?
- Remember all the aspects of living with invisible illness. Being a parent, a spouse, an adult child (who is maybe a caregiver too), a neighbor, etc.
- Don’t forget about all the kids who have illness too!
- Cancer can be considered an invisible illness, as are things like eating disorders, mental illness and the list goes on.
- Got others? Share them!
IMPORTANT: We hope to blow those Google Alerts apart on Sept 14th with blogs all over the internet posting about invisible illness issues. Remember that with most blogging programs you can even write it in advance and have your post published on September 8th.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 77 so far )